Enable Smart Campaign Restrictions | Allow multiple values to be defined and each associated with n number of roles

Enable Smart Campaign Restrictions | Allow multiple values to be defined and each associated with n number of roles

As an admin, I want to limit my program managers campaign restrictions based on their role or across an entire workspace. With some folks responsible for larger markets and others for smaller markets, It would be great to be able to align smart campaign limits with actual market size vs an arbitrary global value. This would be quite useful for all instances with workspaces broken out by geography or other segment giving admins the ability to be more strategic when placing campaign limitations. It would also enable admins to better protect communication limits based on actual send demographics and avoid the dreaded "Any/Or Not Filter" which typically results in an unintended full DB blast... and pain in everyone's backside ;). 

Part 1a : Enabling the Connection Between Roles and Limits:

Update Admin, specifically Role Permissions

• Admin > Users > Roles > Permissions/Permission Sets
    • [ ] Has Smart Campaign Processing Restriction 
  • Note: This defaults to 100,000 or what ever is entered as default in ADMIN > Smart Campaign > Smart Campaign Restrictions 

Part 1b : Enabling the Connection Between Workspaces and Limits:

Update workspaces, specifically enabling connection to Campaign Limits.

• Admin > Workspaces > 
    • add Boolean option to enable campaign restriction...
    • [ ] Has Smart Campaign Processing Restriction 
  • Note: This defaults to 100,000 or what ever is entered as default in ADMIN > Smart Campaign > Smart Campaign Restrictions 

Part 2: Managing Limits

That value should be managed in the Smart Campaign Request Limits in Marketo. With roles or workspaces enabled. 

There the admin has the option to identify if these settings should be limited by workspace or by role, then be presented teh ability to select a role or workspace depending on option a or b then define the limit.

Here is a crude PPTX mockup of what I was thinking 😄Campaign Limit Restriction by Role/WorkspaceCampaign Limit Restriction by Role/Workspace