Ability to define Rules for the Segementaion in addition to the Segment

0 Likes

Ability to define Rules for the Segementaion in addition to the Segment

I'd love the ability to define rules for the Segmentation as a whole, rather than end up with a big default bucket.

For example, I'd like to have a Segmentation for Clients by Industry..  Right now,  (as far as I can tell) the default would be everyone who is not a client or whose industry is blank.  By having some basic rules at the segmentation level, then I can better "chunk" my database, and make the segementations work a lot better.  If I could define a rule for the Segmentation as a whole (e.g. everyone in my database who is a Client), it seems like it would work a lot better than having to carve up my entire database every time.
2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jocelyn, I hear you.

However, there is a fairly simple workaround for what you're trying to do.

You'll notice that the segments are listed in numerical order in a way where you know which rules are applied first.

With this logic and your example above, you could make the first two segments in your segmentation Client = false and Industry = blank.

Then, the rest of your segments will divvy up the remaining database population and your Default segment will no longer be cluttered with the aforementioned.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it