Re: MSI Plugin for Outlook (Outlook for Mac)

Stephanie_Risto
Level 2

MSI Plugin for Outlook (Outlook for Mac)

Hey Community,

Our team is hoping to use the MSI plug-in for Outlook, but realizing that the Outlook for Mac instance is not supported currently.

http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Send+and+Track+an+Email+with+the+Email+Add-In+for+Outloo...

What’s the work-around here? I know we can’t be the only house using Apple + Marketo in our MarTech stack!

Thanks in advance!

Stephanie

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

This is a question for the Products section, not for the Community Help and Feedback Please move it there.

and there is no workaround, it does not work for MAC (and I hate it too!)

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, it's a pity . Just wanted to clarify that the problem is with Microsoft, not Marketo. MSFT doesn't support plugins for Outlook on Mac.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I have moved to using a VM with windows on my Mac only to run Outlook. Could you believe it ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha oh man, that's commitment!

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Hey Gregoire Michel,

I understand the emails wouldn't work through the Outlook plugin, but Mac users still have access to emails published through MSI in their SFDC instance, right?

Thanks!

-Marisa

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

Yes, this is correct. The Outlook for Mac is still unsupported, even the version 2016, but everyone can access MSI through their SFDC instance.

-Greg

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Thanks so much for confirming so quickly, Gregoire. Always appreciate your insights here in Community!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

You are welcome. Pls mark the question as answered.

-Greg

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

I can't since the original question wasn't mine. @StephanieRistow, can you mark this question answered?