SOLVED

Mentioning a member in a community post - very rarely accurate

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mentioning a member in a community post - very rarely accurate

Many of us take advantage of the ability to reference someone (to offer kudos, to get their attention, etc.) within a community post.  This is done by typing "@" followed by their first_last name.  I'm finding that the options that are originally presented are rarely valid (not using the user's primary profile) and even when the entire list is shown, the member isn't even listed.  For example, here's what happens when I try to mention Josh Hill​ (by just typing "josh" - his primary profile isn't even listed:

pastedImage_0.png

I've found that the only way to accurately find the correct person is having to completely enter their first and last name.  It would be great if the community engine would "guess" based on prior mentions, active/primary members, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mentioning a member in a community post - very rarely accurate

Good point. Unfortunately, right now, I can't weight his 'Primary Profile' more than others. We are developing a People Locator, however, where Primary will be weighted more.... Stay tuned.

FYI. I just created this form just for you : )

Community Website Issues

So I can keep track of issues : )

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. Unfortunately, right now, I can't weight his 'Primary Profile' more than others. We are developing a People Locator, however, where Primary will be weighted more.... Stay tuned.

FYI. I just created this form just for you : )

Community Website Issues

So I can keep track of issues : )

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still working on this...

Geoff_Krajeski1

One thing I've found works is that if you copy the link address from the username and paste in the message thread it will format to the proper @ Mention name.

I always have to do this in the case of Grégoire Michel

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

C'mon, I am not the only one in this situation

Vote here:

-Greg

Geoff_Krajeski1

Oh, I know you're not, but you are one of the common few that I need to reply to by mention besides Josh