SOLVED

Re: Have you been experiencing significant difficulties using the community for the past 2/3 days?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you been experiencing significant difficulties using the community for the past 2/3 days?

What version of Firefox are you using? Have these problem existed for more than a week? We did an upgrade with Jive last Friday and that's when most of the problem's started. I know that Josh had some problems beforehand.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mac and Windows: ver 41.0.2.  It's not just FF, it's also Chrome.  Safari (Mac) is the only browser I can use with the community at this point.  The issues started last weekend for me.  Up until now, FF was my primary browser, followed by Chrome.

With regards to other issues - like unable to rate specific posts (e.g., Whisperer Blog) - this has been going on for some time.  But ironically, I am finally able to do this now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We cleaned up a lot of the code yesterday.

We have identified one of the culprits (some code we are using) -- and there will probably be another culprit.

If you can't post or something -- try refreshing --

We are working on things..

images.jpg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  What I'm finding is, is if the "alert" notification in the upper right is gray, nothing will work (unable to search, click on reply, click on the links in the right side area, etc.). 

pastedImage_1.png

Instead, you either need to give the community time to update the page behind the scenes (until it turns blue), or refresh.

pastedImage_0.png

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Strike my last comment Scott - profile is no longer loading beyond the top banner image in IE or Firefox for me right now.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Scott - I've had problems using the community in Firefox pretty much since July. Little things - I've never been able to rate anything except maybe once.  It hasn't worked for weeks.  My profile has always been slow or unusable since I logged into the new community for the first time. I've used both the latest and the prior version of firefox this past week depending on the computer I was on.  I'm on IE now and there are no issues.  Chrome wouldn't work very much on Friday but seems okay today.

Thanks for the update.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Scott, back to not being able to access the community from Chrome. Firefox is working, though. pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Noted. Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Scott K. Wilder​,

FYI, things are back to being difficult this morning. It's almost necessary to load each page twice before all the links and actions work.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

PS : using Chrome on Mac OSX