SOLVED

Why cant I delete leads only from Marketo but not from SFDC

Go to solution
mftanigkai
Level 1

Why cant I delete leads only from Marketo but not from SFDC

Hi,Community

I tried delete action flow after changing Marketo sync flag on SFDC because I want to delete leads only from Marketo, such error happens like bellow.

The SFDC Object XXXXX is filtered by Sync Filter, cant delete

How can I delete leads only from Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Why cant I delete leads only from Marketo but not from SFDC

If I'm not mistaken, you should not encounter this error for just attemptong to delete this person record from Marketo. This error occurs when trying to sync the record over to SFDC with the sync disabled via the custom sync filter (the flag/checkbox field that you've mentioned in your question has been unchecked). Do you have any workflows/campaigns that might be trying to sync an update to SFDC for these people thus causing the error?

To give you some background and for the sake of completeness, this happens when one has a sync filter setup that has been unchecked, causing the sync to stop. The record is still in Marketo, but the sync is simply stopped. The way to fix it is to go to SFDC and check the flag, thereby enabling the sync, and then delete the person record from Marketo. However, as I said in the beginning, IMO, you don't really need the sync enabled for just deleting the person from Marketo. The same has been mentioned in the "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1 article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Why cant I delete leads only from Marketo but not from SFDC

If I'm not mistaken, you should not encounter this error for just attemptong to delete this person record from Marketo. This error occurs when trying to sync the record over to SFDC with the sync disabled via the custom sync filter (the flag/checkbox field that you've mentioned in your question has been unchecked). Do you have any workflows/campaigns that might be trying to sync an update to SFDC for these people thus causing the error?

To give you some background and for the sake of completeness, this happens when one has a sync filter setup that has been unchecked, causing the sync to stop. The record is still in Marketo, but the sync is simply stopped. The way to fix it is to go to SFDC and check the flag, thereby enabling the sync, and then delete the person record from Marketo. However, as I said in the beginning, IMO, you don't really need the sync enabled for just deleting the person from Marketo. The same has been mentioned in the "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1 article.