Marketing list not uploading

VSLKane
Level 1

Marketing list not uploading

The status of my import still hasn't completed, the waiting timer is on and the contact list is small. I've tried creating a new list and uploading again but still no luck! My fields are generic, email address, first name etc. Any reason why this isn't uploading? (It's the same style of upload I do on a regular basis)

2 REPLIES 2
Raja
Level 1

Re: Marketing list not uploading

This could be because of either your MS Office is corrupted or due to virus/malware in your system. Try to upload using csv format in notepad. It should work.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketing list not uploading

Are you trying to upload the list with significantly larger # of records? Usually Marketo takes a while for importing (and exporting as well) the list with large # of records. You can choose subscribe to the list upload complete notification and Marketo will send you an email notification once it completes the list import process. It's okay to navigate away/close the browser even with the "Importing" status, you can come back to list at a later time and check the import status from the list actions.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1655111208138.png

Conversly, if the number of records aren't that large and Marketo is still taking a while to process the list, then I would suggest you to select, copy, and paste the rows with non-empty data to a new CSV file and try uploading. I've seen instances where in a poorly formatted CSV file with seemingly empty rows in the CSV file are not actually empty and due to which Marketo ends up importing a lot of junk records with all the field values set to empty.