Re: DynamicChat and Adobe Analytics

derelict_wombat
Level 3

DynamicChat and Adobe Analytics

Hi All, 

We are beginning to roll out DynamicChat our our website and a question from our Analytics team came up.  I believe at the moment there isn't any direct integration with Adobe Analytics, but they were wondering if it was possible to get AA events to fire when someone interacts with a chat dialog.  They want to be able understand if/how the interacting with DynamicChat may  influence what a person does on the the site after engaging with the dialog. 

Example:  
Event 53 fires when dialog appears for site visitor

Event 54 fires when visitor interacts with dialog

Has anyone else done anything thinking along these lines with DynamicChat? 

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Dynamic chat OOTB sends engaged activity to Marketo (there's new activity type created in Marketo called "Dialogue Engaged" specifically for this) - I believe, the dialogue engaged activities are sent to Marketo on a similar event (if not same) as the event on which you want to send data to the AA i.e., when someone interacts with the chat. I think this should be possible unless if AA doesn't allow firing events from an iframe, and given my understanding user interaction within an iframe usually cannot be detected by the parent frame which is where the properties to fire events are typically added.

derelict_wombat
Level 3

I am reviewing this with my Analytics Engineering team.  One of the solutions we are possibly considering is creating a Launch rule that when the DynamicChat script fires that an AA event will then fire which would tell us when someone a Dialog is available to a person.  I'm not sure if that will give what we need to see if anyone interacts with that dialog in Adobe Analytics.  

I'll update this thread when we have a better idea of what ends up working for us.  

Thanks!

Darshil_Shah1

I'd think that should give you some sort of visibility as to how may times the chat window was pulled up, but that certainly wouldn't be 100% accurate in measuring as to how many people did actually engage in the chat post that or not (I mean they could simply close it w/o engaging with the chat).

derelict_wombat
Level 3

Correct.  It would only be when the script is available on the page. 

I had a call with Support earlier today and they said that they will be adding additional javascript events that fire that we can match to AA events to track engagement in DynamicChat dialogs.  This will be coming in a future release.

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - that'd be awesome! I also have posted an idea related to this here. It's little generalized to cover the event transmission to the third party apps, but if implemented, should cover AA as well. 🙂

ajavinash
Level 3

@derelict_wombat - Great to know this will be coming in a future release.

ajavinash
Level 3

++
Here are the available triggers and filters. Using this you can fire events to the AA. You can also, setup and customize these Engage Dialogue and Goals, Downloads as per your requirements.

DC new.jpg

Thanks,
Avinash Jadhav

Darshil_Shah1

@ajavinash, the events will most likely not be fired from Marketo to AA using the trigger campaign - AA events are typically configured on the web page to fire off.

ajavinash
Level 3

Great point @Darshil_Shah1, Thank you for correcting me. How these captured on web? Using AA tracking code?