SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Chat - Transcript in Alert

Go to solution
Shayla_McKnight
Level 2

Dynamic Chat - Transcript in Alert

Hi,

Is it possible to pull the Chat Transcription URL that is on the activity details on a person, into an alert that can me sent to someone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Shayla_McKnight, the chat transcript URL is stored in the "Dialogue Engaged" standard activity in Marketo and AFAIK users aren't able to directly embed the activity data in the marketing assets. However, you could always get the Chat transcript URL pragmatically using the regular query activities or bulk activities extract API endpoints. It'd be convinient to have the capability to directly include the chat transcript URL in the emails though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

@Shayla_McKnight, the chat transcript URL is stored in the "Dialogue Engaged" standard activity in Marketo and AFAIK users aren't able to directly embed the activity data in the marketing assets. However, you could always get the Chat transcript URL pragmatically using the regular query activities or bulk activities extract API endpoints. It'd be convinient to have the capability to directly include the chat transcript URL in the emails though.

Shayla_McKnight
Level 2

Thanks Darshil. I'm unfamiliar with query activities and how they work. Is this something I can do in Marketo? Is it like a webhook? 

Darshil_Shah1

These are the API calls using which you could export the Marketo Activities data programmatically and use them per your requirement. Each Marketo activity (e.g.,  Change Data Value, Chat Dialogue Engaged, Email Opened, etc.) has a unique activity type id using which you can query the activity data for people in the Marketo using the activity time frame. This is a bit technical stuff, and IMO you'd need someone with development and API-related knowledge to tackle this. Even after you successfully extract the chat transcripts, you'd need some sorta custom setup (e.g., a custom object) in Marketo to house that data in Marketo and then reference it in your emails using Velocity.

CB_thyssenkrupp
Level 1

That is a really good idea for a new trigger token. I could see a use case for Interesting Moments, email alerts, etc. Perhaps you can submit this one as an idea (if it does not already exist).