SOLVED

Dynamic Chat Reaches Dialogue Goal, Goal Name not Populating in Trigger

Go to solution
aisling-keogh
Level 1

Dynamic Chat Reaches Dialogue Goal, Goal Name not Populating in Trigger

I'm building a program in Marketo so that when someone completes a "Goal" in the Dynamic Chat flow, they receive email A for Goal A and email B for Goal B, for example. However, the trigger in my program is not pulling the Goal Names from my Dynamic Chat for me to pick from the drop down. Do I have to publish my dynamic chat? How does my Marketo Instance recognize and pull over the goals that have been created in my Dynamic Chat?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EllenSchwier
Level 4

Re: Dynamic Chat Reaches Dialogue Goal, Goal Name not Populating in Trigger

When I was building these smart campaigns, I always used a naming convention for the Goal names and then used the "contains" constraint on the trigger. I would simply copy the name from Dynamic Chat to paste into the Marketo smart campaign so you can have it set up before activating the dialogue. I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EllenSchwier
Level 4

When I was building these smart campaigns, I always used a naming convention for the Goal names and then used the "contains" constraint on the trigger. I would simply copy the name from Dynamic Chat to paste into the Marketo smart campaign so you can have it set up before activating the dialogue. I hope that helps. 

Sreekanth_Reddy
Marketo Employee

A goal activity is created into Marketo whenever a visitor interacts with a dialogue you designed through Chatbot and reaches a specific point in the conversation where a goal card is added. This happens almost in near realtime

Also as Ellen mentioned, we suggest using contains conditions and paste the goal name