A Quick Synopsis on Marketo/Adobe Dynamic Chat

cazuma-Pach
Level 1

A Quick Synopsis on Marketo/Adobe Dynamic Chat

Adobe Dynamic Chat is one the newest features that's been rolled out to orgs and our new instance was able to test and implement it. Because the product is so new I figured I’d post some notes going through the implementation/setup. Overall it’s fairly simple to install and setup. Most of my cons are things that I anticipate they’ll add in future releases.

What setup entails: 

1. Get access to Marketo Chat. Chat is being rolled out slowly so be sure to talk to your CSM if you'd like to get access to it early. 
  2. Through the Dynamic Chat UI - configure your audience Criteria, create your chat flow in the stream, make any adjustments to the bot look/feel in the configuration area. 
  3. Under Integrations sync any fields that you'd like to have the bot reference. Note that a majority of the fields you will need will sync by default. In case you need to have other custom fields sync you can do so later on. 
  4. Add the Javascript code to your site 
  5. Connect the calendar of the person/team that will be using it. Note that they'll need both an Adobe Engage Account and a Marketo account. 
  6. Hit publish and you're done! 
Fairly simple installation and you can see the full installation guide under the marketo docs.

Now for the pros/cons I've encountered so far. Again disclaimer that with future product releases some of these concerns may no longer be valid. 

Pros-
  • Fairly solid native integration with Marketo and easy to install
  • It’s a standard flow builder that allows you to split into multiple paths
  • You can use easily fields that exist in your Marketo instance for chat
  • Booking time through the appointment scheduler hasn’t yielded any issues yet (fingers crossed)
  • If you need to have any field changes from prospects interacting or finishing the chatbot it’s really easy to do (thanks to the Dynamic Chat triggers/filters in Marketo)
Cons-
  • No support with Calendly. It only support Microsoft/Google calendars (likely this’ll be added in the future)
  • “Routing” is just a round robin. If you’re looking for more complex routing conditions you are out of luck. (Although you might be able to accomplish this by creating new chat flows and adjusting the audience criteria to each rep’s targets 
  • Your SDR’s/AE’s will need both an adobe and Marketo account in order to be added to the round robin (becomes a pain if you have multiple reps who struggle with technology) 
  • This chatbot does not support live chat. Likely it won’t be supported until a major release if at all
  • Potential Dealbreaker- there is no way currently to require business email addresses only

Things that we’re testing on our side-
  • Site speed - we’ve doing some tests on our side to see how site speed is impacted. No results yet but this is something we’re monitoring.
  • SFDC Activity tracking. It doesn’t appear that I can easily push chat activity data into the SFDC activity log for leads/contacts. I’m thinking I’ll probably create an interesting moment to get around this.
We’re still very much in the early days for this product so things will keep changing. Feel free to reply back to the thread on your experiences or if you have any questions.
2 REPLIES 2
Sreekanth_Reddy
Marketo Employee

Re: A Quick Synopsis on Marketo/Adobe Dynamic Chat

@cazuma-Pach This is awesome! 😃

Just a quick comment - for an agent to connect their calendar, they only need to be a user in Dynamic Chat i.e Adobe Experience Cloud. Here is a tutorial for that: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo-learn/tutorials/dynamic-chat/user-management.html?la...

Basically, being a user of Marketo Engage also is not mandatory.

EllenSchwier
Level 4

Re: A Quick Synopsis on Marketo/Adobe Dynamic Chat

I think the Interesting Moment for pushing data to Salesforce is a good option. You can use the status of the chats (Initiated, Dropped, Completed) as well as the Goals Reached to customize the content of the Interesting Moment.