Staff IP Address Replacing Existing Lead's IP Address

Anonymous
Not applicable

Staff IP Address Replacing Existing Lead's IP Address

Hi there,

We have a lead who has had activities tracked to her name. Today I noticed that while I was browsing the website, her activities were updating with whatever I was doing. I imagine the lead somehow is recognizing my IP instead of hers. Is there a way to break the IP link on the contact so it is not tracking my activities? And is there a way to find her former IP address?

Is there any reason why this would have happened? I may have clicked on a link in a sales email that I sent her which was tracked to the Marketo plugin. Are there any known issues with clicking through emails internally that would make marketo use our staff's IPs instead of the lead's?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Staff IP Address Replacing Existing Lead's IP Address

Not IP address, Munchkin cookie.  Many people can (and do) share IP addresses, and that doesn't cause this situation.

You certainly clicked on a link that was sent to her. This will associate your Munchkin-logged activities with her Marketo record.

Clear all your cookies for your parent domain (.encoretours.com) and you will break the association.