SOLVED

Re: SFDC ID token pulling the wrong SFDC ID

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC ID token pulling the wrong SFDC ID

Hi All,

We have an alert email that is sent to me every time one of our Salesforce leads clicks a link in a marketing email that we send out. This alert contains the following token:

https:/na16.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id:default=edit me}}

This is a clickable link that directs to the Salesforce lead record. For whatever reason, when I receive these alerts and click on the link, it directs me to a Salesforce page that tells me the record has been deleted. However, I can search the name of that contact in the search bar of Salesforce and the record appears. The record has a different SFDC ID than what Marketo pulled.

Does anyone know the cause of this? Any help would be appreciated as Marketo Support has not been able to solve the problem.

Thanks!!

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI George,

If you delete a record in SFDC, it is not deleted in Marketo automatically.

Create a smart list with the following filter :

• SFDC Is Deleted -> True

And see whether your lead is a member of the list.

When this happens, 2 solutions:

• either you also delete the lead from Marketo. For this use a smart campaign with a trigger "Lead is deleted from SFDC", and a flow strp "delete lead" (delete from CRM = False)
  • Or you resync the lead to SFDC (flow step sync lead), which should recreate a new lead in SFDC.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI George,

If you delete a record in SFDC, it is not deleted in Marketo automatically.

Create a smart list with the following filter :

• SFDC Is Deleted -> True

And see whether your lead is a member of the list.

When this happens, 2 solutions:

• either you also delete the lead from Marketo. For this use a smart campaign with a trigger "Lead is deleted from SFDC", and a flow strp "delete lead" (delete from CRM = False)
  • Or you resync the lead to SFDC (flow step sync lead), which should recreate a new lead in SFDC.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg.

If I delete all of the records from Marketo that have been deleted from Salesforce, how will I then sync current leads from our Salesforce into Marketo? Will they automatically sync?

Thanks again,

George

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi George,

The idea is to delete from Marketo only records that do not exist anymore in SFDC.

Leads in SFDC have not beed deleted from SFDC. They will continue to sync with Marketo normally, automatically. Unless there is a sync limitation set up, all leads or contact records accessible to the Marketo user in SFDC always sync to Marketo.

-Greg