For any firm, during lead generation campaigns, a landing page is a powerful asset. Several companies invest a lot of time, money and effort to create the best landing pages but they forgot to measure the performance. How do you know the quality of the landing page? What are the parameters of landing page performance measurement?
1. Landing page visits: It is the primary measure that you need to look at before you examine any other metrics in your landing page analysis. This tells you how many users your landing page has attracted. It also helps you understand different patterns including visitors visiting the site on weekdays or weekends? and also If at any particular time they visit the site, etc.
2. Traffic Source: Once you have the landing page visits, second metrics will be where this traffic came from? The reason for this is because it is an excellent way to tell what is working for your campaign and what is not. The visitors to your landing page comes from various sources including:
3. Session Duration: Session duration is the time a single user spends interacting with your landing page or website. A session starts when the user lands on any website/landing page and typically ends either when the user leaves/exits your page or takes no action for 30 minutes.
4. Bounce rate: Bounce rate refers to the number of single-page sessions compared to all sessions on your website. If five out of 10 people who visit your landing page leave within 5 seconds of session time, your landing page bounce rate is 50%. Although, an average bounce rate may vary according to business type but on an average, your page bounce rate should not exceed 60%.
5. Conversion rate: The conversion rate is the number of filled out form divided by the total number of page views. For example, if an education landing page receives 200 visitors in a month and 50 of them have filled out the form then the conversion rate would be 50 divided by 200 that is 25%. The best conversion rate varied significantly across all the industries, while median conversion rate hovered between 3-5.5%.
If you are not measuring these parameters as of now then start it today itself and also let me know if there are any other parameters helpful for our business.
Wishing you and your loved ones all the wonder and joy of the Christmas season and a successful prosperous new year ahead. Stay happy & blessed..
Sant Singh Rathaur
Connect with me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sant-singh-rathaur/