Trigger Campaign - Web Page Contains?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger Campaign - Web Page Contains?

Currently, we have one Marketo form on all of our non-Marketo website pages. We also have seperate trigger campaigns set up to alert us when a form is filled out - this designates which page the lead was on when filled out the form.

I'm having a problem with our Blog pages. I would like to be able to set up the trigger campaign to have a Web Page Contains as new blog pages are added constantly. Currently, the only options appear as Web Page Is and Web Page Is Not.  Is there anyway to acheive this?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Trigger Campaign - Web Page Contains?

One solution would be to embed the form as an iframe on all of the blog pages, then feed a value into the form by way of the iframe URL.

For instance, if your form lives on this landing page: http://www2.mysite.com/form.html you could embed that on every blog and add a parameter to the end: http://www2.mysite.com/form.html?blog=NewBlogName

Then in the form, you can use a hidden field to pull down that parameter.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I thought you could have Web Page CONTAINS on the Fills Out Form trigger

Another way is to do Fills Out Form IS X with 
Filter: Visited Web Page CONTAINS "blog" OR Visited Web Page IS "X"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideally, we'd like to keep the URL structure as clean as possible, but using URL parameters in a hidden field is definitely one option.

Josh - I had also thought this was possible, but all I'm seeing now is web page Is or Is not.  Were I to set it up as a trigger and a filter as described above, are there any potential issues you see with this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

My concern with setting things up as you suggested is that because the same form is on all pages, someone could visit a blog page, then fill out the form on a different page of our website. This would then trigger both campaigns, and would only alert us that they had visited our blog pages, not necessarily that they filled out a form there.

Can you think of any other workaround? I am not seeing the option to have Web Page CONTAINS on the Fills Out Form Trigger.