Marketo System Emails Going to Spam

Tyler_Harris2
Level 1

Marketo System Emails Going to Spam

Hi All,

Our company uses Postini and I'm having a problem getting the Marketo System Emails to come through(Example: Features Update, New User Confirmation, etc ). I've whitelisted the IP's referenced here(https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GtyaCAC) and used the return path of *mktomail.com, but how can I get those system level emails to come through? Do I need to add marketo.com to this as well? 

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo System Emails Going to Spam

This happens to me too.  SOmetimes i will get the HTML version, but the text version will go to spam.  So strange.  Subscribing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tyler, I think you're on the right track. I would whitelist the entire domain (in fact, I just went into Postini to do this) and see if that clears those emails and delivers them direct to your inbox.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Postini is very aggressive. In fact, a very important alert from Marketo once got delivered to Spam by mistake. I white listed it for myself, and then had our IT white list anything from Marketo.

One thing to watch out for, Postini is so aggressive, that client responses to mails sent via Marketo Sales Insight often get pushed to SPAM.