SOLVED

Inactive leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inactive leads

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how a lead becomes 'inactive'. I have heard of a 90 days of inactivity after a record is first created in the database but I would like to confirm.

Same for a contact in SFDC. is the 'inactive' box ticked automatically from Marketo or from SFDC?

Thank you
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Inactive leads

No, there is no field for this. You should create a smart list:

ALL
Not Visited Web page
Not Filled Out Form
Not Opened Email
Not Clicked Link in Email
Not Program Status was Changed

in Past X days. Unfortunately Visited Web Page data is archived after 90 days unless you opt out.

This will show you leads that havent engaged with you at all. Keep in mind that these leads may have no activity because they were uploaded recently or you just connected your system.

It is good to remove at least 180 day inactives (or suspend them) because old leads decrease deliverability.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, there is no field for this. You should create a smart list:

ALL
Not Visited Web page
Not Filled Out Form
Not Opened Email
Not Clicked Link in Email
Not Program Status was Changed

in Past X days. Unfortunately Visited Web Page data is archived after 90 days unless you opt out.

This will show you leads that havent engaged with you at all. Keep in mind that these leads may have no activity because they were uploaded recently or you just connected your system.

It is good to remove at least 180 day inactives (or suspend them) because old leads decrease deliverability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to Josh's comment Michael Volpi​!

Remember, if you are doing a big data cleanup, *be sure* to add a filter to your smart list that says Lead was Created on or before "x date".

The inactivity filters do not take into account whether or not leads were created within the time you specify for inactivity. You don't want to end up suspending leads that were created only a few days ago!

Timeanddate.com has a cool little tool that allows you to see what the date was minus x amount of days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the useful info. I'm planning a reengagement campaign, and wondering what best practices are regarding leads that don't open/open but don't take action? Delete? Archive?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could set them to Marketing Suspended, and then in the future, if they take some sort of action, add them back in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Allison. Any idea if Marketing Suspended counts towards total lead count? We're way over our lead limit and I'm trying to do some cleanup.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Marketing Suspended will count toward you lead count as well.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Where has this tool been all of my life?!  Thank you!

Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

is the criteria, is any for all these?