Archiving Best Practices or Tips and Tricks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Archiving Best Practices or Tips and Tricks

Does anyone have any recommended best practices for archiving?  I'd be curious to hear how others are structuring their archive folders, as well as when to deactivate expired campaigns and landing pages.  Is it best to have one main archive folder, and then archive everything into subfolders within that area?  Or is it recommended to create multiple archive folders within each regular subfolder?  As far as landing pages go, people can hang on to emails for a long time.  How long do others wait before unapproving landing pages, or do you leave most pages active?  Everyone I've talked with seems to tackle this differently, so I'd be curious to hear what the community has to say or if Marketo has recommended best practices!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Archiving Best Practices or Tips and Tricks

Jenny,

I've seen this approached in various ways. I'd recommend establishing an Archive by Year at a minimum and then setting a 6 month cycle to go through campaigns, programs, etc and do the following:
-Turn off unneeded triggers
-move older or one time campaigns to Archive.
-check if white papers or evergreen campaigns are still getting enough attention. If yes, then keep it outside. If no, but you're not ready to remove it, just Archive it. It will still work.
-delete things which are no longer needed for reporting or anything.
-archive Older Email/LP templates or deactivate them.
-clean up folder structures

If your Marketo is very messy, have a pizza party on a Friday with the entire team to go through it all in the same room.

Marketo now notifies you whenever a triggered campaign has been untriggered in the past 90 days, so that should help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me how I can archive a email template? I've been searching the Marketo community and product docs for answers and and cant seem to find anything.

I have outdated/unbranded email templates which at one point had been used which I no longer want visible as a template for my team.

Thanks for your help.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Create a new folder in your templates tree, and move the templates you want to archive into it, then right click on the folder and select convert to archive folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kenny. That seems pretty straight forward and easy