On August 24, 2017, Marketo and Google Cloud made an exciting announcement about a broader collaboration to transform engagement solutions for the enterprise. We understand you may have questions, and we’ve prepared the following FAQ that provides additional details.
1) What did Marketo and Google Cloud announce?
Today, Marketo and Google Cloud, two technology thought leaders announced a multi-year alliance that will drive innovation and deliver next generation global marketing solutions on the Google Cloud Platform.
2) Why is this great for Marketo customers and partners?
The MarTech and AdTech worlds have remained silo-ed for far too long. This alliance will simplify the technology landscape for the marketer and enable them to more effectively listen, learn, and engage with buyers across all digital channels, including digital ads.
In addition, it will provide the scale, reliability, and security required for enterprises to conduct business in today’s digital world.
3) What does the alliance entail?
The alliance between Marketo and Google Cloud includes the following:
- Marketo and Google Cloud will invest resources in co-innovation in a number of areas.
- Beginning in 2018, Marketo will run its marketing automation products and data centers entirely on Google Cloud Platform for all customers worldwide.
- Google will expand its usage of Marketo’s Engagement Platform across its businesses.
4) Why did Marketo select Google for its public cloud?
We’ve been planning a move to a public cloud infrastructure for some time as we believe it’s necessary to deliver the scale, reliability, and security that our customers and partners demand to succeed in today’s hyper-digital world. We selected Google for a number of reasons, including its industry-leading knowledge and expertise building secure cloud infrastructure and applications at scale as well as the significant strategic and technology advantages we saw versus other clouds.
5) Will Marketo continue to build and support its own data centers?
Until the migration to Google Cloud infrastructure, Marketo will continue to operate, manage, and support its own data centers.
6) Will this change impact my Marketo subscription or agreement?
Moving Marketo’s marketing automation products and data centers to Google Cloud Platform will not change or impact your Marketo subscription. We will update our End User Service Agreement as appropriate to reference any relevant changes.