You receive an error "Salesforce Sync Error: Daily API Limit Reached" or "TotalRequests Limit Exceeded"
The API limit for Salesforce is determined by your Salesforce agreement. The Marketo sync bundles updates to minimize API calls, but depending on the amount of data you need to sync and your Salesforce API limit, you may encounter this error. To minimize the number of API calls made to Salesforce by your Marketo instance, try the following:
- Avoid "Sync to SFDC" flow steps. These require one API call per lead.
- Use the Marketo Program to SFDC Campaign sync to add people to SFDC Campaigns
- Use Salesforce assignment rules to route leads and contacts rather than using Marketo to update lead ownership
To see your Salesforce API limit (per 24 hour period) and your current usage (for past 24 hours) in SFDC,
- Navigate to: Setup > Administration Setup > Company Profile > Company Information
- Look for the field called "API Requests, Last 24 Hours"
This will display API usage for the past 24-hour period as well as your current 24-hour limit (in parenthesis).
Who This Solution Applies To
Customers integrated with Salesforce
Is this article helpful ?