When deploying your RTP tag you may have noticed that there are four options in the Generate Tag window.
The differences are subtle and technical, but below are the explanations of each version.
RTP Tag - CDN, Asynchronous (Recommended)
- "Asynchronous" means that the page won't wait for the RTP script to load before loading other page elements
- In the case that RTP is not available, the request will timeout after 2 seconds
RTP Tag - CDN, Synchronous (High Speed)
- "Synchronous" means that the RTP tag will load before any other elements on the page load
- Like the CDN, Asynchronous tag, this tag makes use of a CDN
- The "High Speed" does not actually mean the script loads faster, it only means that the page won't load before the RTP script completely loaded
RTP Tag – Asynchronous
- Like the CDN, Asynchronous tag, the page loads other page elements while the tag is loading
- In the case that RTP is not available the request will timeout after 2 seconds
RTP Tag – Synchronous
- Like the CDN, Synchronous tag, the page will not load while other page elements are loading