Organizing Assets for an eNewsletter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Organizing Assets for an eNewsletter

Hi,

We just launched Marketo within our organization, so I'm a bit of a newbie. We have a weekly eNewsletter that we deploy to clients, leads and internal associates (currently using Campaign Monitor). The template never changes with exception to the content we include, which is almost always a series of articles. To make life easy we always label the images associated with articles: trending1.jpgtrending2.jpg, trending3.jpg, etc.

We're building the new template in Marketo and I need some insights as we how to maintain this same naming format. When I try to upload files (in separate folders) I get an error saying that the filename already eists. I'd assume that we could use the same filename as long as those files are in separate folders. (i.e. folder1/trending.jpg and folder2/trending.jpg).

Therefore, 3 questions:
1. Whats the most efficient naming convention or process to upload these images given our situation?
2. If I "replace" these images every week will any previous iteration of the email be updated with the new images should we need to redeploy or will it maintain the folder structure
3. Any tips for these weekly deployments? Just clone the assets/campaign every week?

Thanks,
T.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Organizing Assets for an eNewsletter

Hi Tony,

I would create a folder in the Images section of the Design Studio specifically for this newsletter, and each week, name the images week1-trending-1, week1-trending-2, etc (or something similar).  Each week, you can go into the same folder and upload the images there (and keep track of them all).

If you used the same names, and just overwrote them each week, the files would update in your previous newsletter versions and be lost.  If you use the naming convention by week, all you need to do is clone the previous week's newsletter, and go into the HTML editor, do a "Ctrl+F" and replace every week1 with week2.  As long as the new images were uploaded and followed the same naming convention.

For deployment, it depends on how much data you want in the program for each send.  You could create a bucket program per month, and put each month's newsletters in there.  Or you could create a program per week.  Cloning will be a huge help here for you!