AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about the way Marketo Sends out emails

Question asked by Charlee Chayatanan on Jun 5, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2019 by Charlee Chayatanan

To begin, I'm still a novice with Marketo, please bear with me. I would appreciate it if you explain it to me like the six year old Einstein refers to .

TL:DR; Marketo is sending a single email from my batch send at random dates/times, does anyone know why?

Background to the problem:

I'm playing around in "Revenue Explorer" to see how my email sends are going for a webinar series. I send invites out for the bi-weekly (1 in 2 weeks) series on the Monday the webinar occurs. In doing so there, I noticed in the report that there were 1 off email sends during different times of the week. I tried looking further into these emails, some of the emails not even existing in the program that is going to be sending it the week of. I'm wondering why these emails are going off, and what is the system doing?

I'd be more understanding if it was different sends on the Monday, but some of the sends seem random around the week or sometimes not even the week of the webinar. Technically, it's ok, because it is an invite email that sends you to a signup page, but it's worrisome that I don't have control over it. 

For those wondering, here is how I setup the report:

In Revenue Explorer:

1. Clicked "New Report"

2. Select the "Email Analysis"

3. Clicked on the "Filter" section to expand it

4. Dragged: "Program Channel" over to the filter selection and typed in the appropriate channel "Webinar"

5. Dragged: "Program Name" over to the filter selection and typed in the appropriate name "Selected program names"

6. Dragged: "Email Name" over to the filter selection and typed in the appropriate email names "Invites - Monday"

7. Dragged: "Email Name" over to  "Layouts" and dropped it in the "Rows" area

8. Dragged: "Sent(week)" over to  "Layouts" and dropped it in the "Rows" area

9. Dragged: "Sent, Delivered, %Delivered, Opened, %Opened, Clicked, %Clicked, %Clicked to Open, Unsubscribed, % unsubscribed" over to  "Layouts" and dropped it in the "Measures" area

For those wondering about the Six year old and Einstein:

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes