I'd like to hear what others are doing to find Most/Medium/Least Active and Inactive leads in their database.
The goal is to develop a tiered list for both active and inactive leads so we know how to prioritize our communication with them as we work on deliverability.
This is what I was thinking for the smart lists for Active Leads:
Level 1 Active(the most engaged) - was delivered any email in past 30 days at least 3 times, opened any email in past 30 days, clicked link in any email in past 30 days
Level 2 Active(2nd most engaged) - was delivered any email in past 60 days at least 6 times, opened any email in past 60 days, clicked link in any email in past 60 days
Level 3 Active(3rd most engaged) - was delivered any email in past 90 days at least 9 times, opened any email in past 90 days, clicked link in any email in past 90 days
...and so on for 6 month and 1 yr
- Is Marketo smart enough to know that "click link in email" should exclude clicking the Unsubscribe link or do I need to add a constraint for that?
- Would it be more simple/accurate to just use Unsubscribe=False as another filter on this list?
- Should I put "Min. # of Times" for opens and clicks as well?
- How would I tier inactive records to find people who never enagaged or have very low engagement with our emails?
- Has anyone else tried this methodology to prioritize communication? Ideally we want to only email our most engaged people and slowly open up that window of activity to email more and more. Once we get to a good place we want to start emailing our "non-responders" but want to start with a group of non-responders that would be most likely to interact with us. From there we would also open up the time frame of inactivity.
Thanks for any advice!