CQ Roll Call is made up of two sister companies, CQ and Roll Call. CQ builds software for government relations professionals. Our market-leading tools include legislative and regulatory tracking, news and analysis, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, advocate and donor acquisition, and consultative services.
Along with Roll Call, CQ has been connecting people to their government since 1945. Among the clients who rely on our tools are trade associations, nonprofits, law and lobbying firms, the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, Supreme Court and nearly every government agency.
CQ Roll Call’s parent, The Economist Group, is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. The brands are bound together by their objective opinion, original insight and advocacy of economic, political and democratic freedom around the world.
Currently, CQ is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager will own our B2B email marketing campaigns. These will include automated acquisition and nurture campaigns delivered through Marketo as well as other emails. The successful candidate will manage our Marketo instance and its integration with Salesforce and other systems.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Manage Marketo instance, including the full architecture of assets and campaigns
- Create and maintain Marketo campaigns, emails, and landing pages
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve digital marketing campaigns to acquire new leads and nurture them to MQL.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve digital marketing campaigns to retain current customers
- Report on the performance and ROI of emails, landing pages, acquisition and nurture campaigns, and marketing channels
- Create and update Salesforce reports and dashboards demonstrating Marketing’s performance
- Write and edit copy as needed
Experience, skills and professional attributes
- 5+ years of digital B2B marketing experience (Marketo Certified Experts strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience managing all aspects of a comprehensive marketing automation program (lead scoring, email marketing, segmentation, A/B testing, lead lifecycle management, database management, personalization, syncing to CRM, reporting & analytics)
- Extensive experience devising, building, and tracking scalable multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience tying marketing efforts to revenue
- Extensive experience in Salesforce
- Experience writing copy for emails and landing pages
- Fluent in marketing and sales funnels
- Experience working directly with sales teams on lead handoff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A proactive, problem-solving approach to marketing
- Power user of Excel
- Experience in writing middle- and bottom-of-the-funnel content for print and digital
- Experience creating Marketo templates for landing pages and/or emails
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
To succeed in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Successful acquisition and nurture campaigns that resulted in high-quality MQLs which converted to sales
- A deep understanding of what drives user behavior to enter a marketing funnel and what separates someone at the top, middle, and bottom of the funnel
- Strong conversion metrics on previous campaigns
- Creative approaches to digital marketing, including planning and executing large-scale, multi-touch campaigns