SOLVED

Do you have to trigger Revenue Stage manually?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to trigger Revenue Stage manually?

Our Lead Lifecycle program changes the lead's "Lifecycle Status", and the Revenue Model itself has transition rules based on "Lead Lifecycle Status = XX". But I'm seeing that leads are not actually moving through the revenue model as they should. Do we have to somewhere manually trigger the Revenue Stage change in the flow? I thought that was the point of the transition rules within the modeler. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Do you have to trigger Revenue Stage manually?

What you describe is the most common approach and that’s how the baseline functionality works. But according to our Marketo consultant, she does not like to rely on the revenue model to do the transitions. Sometimes it doesn’t work and you get no results to help you troubleshoot. There’s a trigger called “Manual Stage Change” (that's what we use) that you can use in the revenue model, which basically just tells the system that you’re going to be changing it in a smart campaign flow step (which is the example I shared above). That allows you to see results for everything that happens. She's recently started recommending that to her team as best practice.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested in the answer as i am experiencing the same problem
Dan_Stevens_

Yes you do (see flow step #1 below).  Here's an example of one of our lead lifecycle smart campaigns (where a lead becomes marketing qualified with a score > 99):

Smart List:
0EM50000000Sx6d.jpg

Flow (this is just the first part of a very lengthy series of flow steps - specifically, just before the lead is synced to CRM):
0EM50000000Sx6i.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

This is Maneeza ... just came across this post randomly looking for something else ... just want to make a quick note that often we don't use the "Score Changes" trigger to trigger a threshold.  The reason for this is that the following two scenarios are the same according to this trigger:

1.  Lead Score Previous ---> 75; Lead Score After --> 100 ---> This will trigger.

But so will this:

2.  Lead Score Previous --> 101; Lead Score After --> 115 ---> This will also trigger.  Usually folks do not want/ mean this second scenario.  That is why often we recomend using:

Data Value Changes ... on field

Score ... where

Previous Value < 99.

In a very tight organization it is likely that you will not have false triggers, but just wanted to mention this.

Thanks,

M

@Dan Stevens

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for the tip Maneeza!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this Dan. Then I'm just curious what are you using WITHIN The modeler for transitions? I was under the impression by our Marketo consultant that the smartlist there would move folks along the success path. 
Dan_Stevens_

What you describe is the most common approach and that’s how the baseline functionality works. But according to our Marketo consultant, she does not like to rely on the revenue model to do the transitions. Sometimes it doesn’t work and you get no results to help you troubleshoot. There’s a trigger called “Manual Stage Change” (that's what we use) that you can use in the revenue model, which basically just tells the system that you’re going to be changing it in a smart campaign flow step (which is the example I shared above). That allows you to see results for everything that happens. She's recently started recommending that to her team as best practice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, we'll try that instead. Seems to be working based on what I'm seeing, I appreciate your help here. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious, what exactly did you have in your revenue model for transitions? As you described it, it sounded like a filter and not a trigger.