Join Brilliant Metrics on a quest to rid the marketing world of waste. Help us tear down silos, kill "big campaign" thinking and impart a results-oriented mindset where the mantra has been, “As long as the CEO likes it.” We are not an advertising agency, nor general business consultants. We are a marketing consultancy focused on helping our clients create sustainable marketing programs with built-in methods for continuous improvement.
Are you a data-driven strategic planner, leader, teacher and mystery solver? I’m not asking if you can make pretty graphs from Google Analytics exports. I am asking if you can architect measurable, sustainable marketing programs that produce unquestionable value for our clients. As our Marketing Strategist, you will touch almost every aspect of client work by participating in planning sessions, program setup, media and content optimization, experimentation and presentation. You are ultimately responsible for providing ever-improving ROI for clients through data analytics, strategic planning, process improvement, teaching and training Iterative Marketing Specialists and sharing knowledge with other team members so the entire team can speak authoritatively about data. If that describes you, read on.
Lead the development of clients’ media placement strategies by:
- Selecting and overseeing the implementation of banner, search, social, direct mail and other advertising
- Estimating, forecasting and recommending budgetary investments
- Applying marketing automation, Google Analytics, call tracking and other measurement tools
- Advising on content marketing including blogging, infographics, whitepapers, e-books, etc.
- Contributing to the identification of new marketing and advertising tactics
- Troubleshooting media performance and reporting reconciliation issues
- Serving as a backup and support resource for the Iterative Marketing Specialist for implementation and reporting of all tactics
Contribute to client success by:
- Overseeing creation of experiments and identification of insights
- Researching and documenting clients’ brands, personas and buyers’ journeys
- Interpreting data and communicating results of experiments and marketing investments
- Generate ideas to optimize budgets and improve client programs
Contribute to internal processes by:
- Identifying and evaluating new service offerings for Brilliant Metrics to stay current with industry needs and best practices
- Documenting internal and external work processes and actively seeking opportunities for improved efficiency
- Participating in weekly PULSE meetings to address how Brilliant Metrics can improve its operations
4+ years experience in analytics, or equivalent combination of education and experience which includes:
- Know how to make raw data tell its secrets in a truthful way by identifying trends and anomalies using statistics, applied math and/or other quantitative skills and knowledges
- Know how to suggest appropriate ways to maximize ROI and identify actionable insights; experience budgeting and optimizing client’s digital marketing budget across multiple channels
- Familiar with writing and publishing reports using pivot tables, vlookups, database manipulation, Powerpoint and other applicable platforms and tools so data speaks clearly to laypeople
- Be able to successfully interface with clients when required to join client meetings
2+ years experience in a marketing-related role, or equivalent combination of education and experience which includes:
- Be familiar with social media platforms and types of data generated by digital publishers such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
- Be versed in the following targeted advertising: retargeting, behavioral, contextual, remarketing, email/CRM, declared and direct buy
- Be proficient in Rainmaker, WordPress, Weebly, SquareSpace or other content management system (CMS)
- Be familiar with marketing automation (any flavor), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, HTML/CSS, Google AdWords, and/or digital media buying or Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn ads
1+ years experience in a successful supervisory capacity which includes:
- Being a leader, not a dictator
- Being a teacher, not a lecturer
- Being willing and able to gain familiarity with existing processes, identify opportunities for improvement and plan change to improve efficiency and performance of the total organization
- Being able to inspire and motivate
Able to work efficiently under time-sensitive deadlines for and with multiple clients, team members and on multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities between them as needed so all succeed.Be willing and able to continue to grow and learn professionally due to ever-changing terrain of the marketing marketing practice, tools and technology.
Hyper-organizational skills, empathy, creative problem solving, accountability, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.Daily work location within the United States.
Must have access to reliable 3M down / 1M up internet connection.
Experience with B2B professional services (working for multiple business clients on multiple projects).Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language.
Familiar with aspects of database administration (you won’t be our DBA but we want you to be able to talk to him/her with little to no details lost in translation).
Full-time team members are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical - Choose from eight coverage options for yourself, you and your spouse, or your entire family.
- Dental and Vision
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid Life and PAI Insurance
- Voluntary Employee-paid Universal Life, PAI and Disability
- Adoption Assistance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Training and Development, including CPE credit and PE unit options
- Employee Assistance
- Marketplace Discounts