When using Chrome, are you experiencing a lot of bloated code and div tags when using the HTML editor?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When using Chrome, are you experiencing a lot of bloated code and div tags when using the HTML editor?

It's been suggested to us by Marketo that Chrome is the preferred browser.  But when editing emails using the HTML editor, we have nothing but problems (spacing issues, bloated code, etc.).  Are others experiencing this.  We're now recommending our teams stick with Firefox.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When using Chrome, are you experiencing a lot of bloated code and div tags when using the HTML editor?

At the Summit in 2013, we were advised that Firefox is the best browser to use. At the time, we were experiencing problems with the interface (pages not loading, clicks not registering, drafts not saving) while using Chrome. More recently, I noticed previewed emails look a little funky when using Chrome.

Most of the time Chrome is ok, but for the most part I stick to using Firefox.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: When using Chrome, are you experiencing a lot of bloated code and div tags when using the HTML editor?

Yea, I stick with Firefox and really only use Chrome for some testing. In the past there were specific things that wouldn't work in Chrome, so I've avoided it for Marketo usage.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I'm on a Mac and I'm not experiencing any problems with Marketo on Chrome.  I'm just wondering if you guys are on PCs and what version of Chrome.  
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Michelle - I haven't tested this on my Mac, but good point.  This issues have all been experienced using Chrome (ver.  

35.0.1916.114 m) and Windows 8.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find the Email Editor's use of code horrendous. When did we start having tinyMCE insert <pre> tags around everything. Such a headache. 1/2 of my time spend on creating an email is removing crappy formatting.