SOLVED

Hard Bounces

Go to solution
Karen_Black
Level 5

Hard Bounces

Noticing that are hard bounces are substantial with every campaign we send out.  Does Marketo flag these automatically so that we do not resend another email to this group? When I pulled some of the records, it looks like some are marked, and others are not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Bounces

There are 3 different types of Hard Bounce and only the "Email Incorrect" type will cause the Invalid Email field to be set to "True". 

I created a discussion item for this in the Community (
Need more detailed information about email bounces) with numerous questions, which were answered fully or in part by Marketo employees Tony M and Jep Castelein.  Jep provided a link to the document Analyzing Email Availability, which provides a lot of info that you may find helpful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Email Invalid field is set to "True" whenever a hard bounce occurs.  Marketo will not send emails to leads that have this field set to "True".  What field are you seeing as "marked" on some lead records with hard bounces and not on others with hard bounces?
Karen_Black
Level 5

That is what I thought, but when I looked at who was hard bounced in an email, not all of them are getting flagged with invalid email.  Was wondering if there were different types of hard bounces, where it flags one type, and not the other.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 3 different types of Hard Bounce and only the "Email Incorrect" type will cause the Invalid Email field to be set to "True". 

I created a discussion item for this in the Community (
Need more detailed information about email bounces) with numerous questions, which were answered fully or in part by Marketo employees Tony M and Jep Castelein.  Jep provided a link to the document Analyzing Email Availability, which provides a lot of info that you may find helpful.