SOLVED

Please help me understand Marketo scoring.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me understand Marketo scoring.

From my understanding the 'Lead Score' is made up of a lead's 'Behavioral Score' and 'Demographic Score.'  Does this mean that a +5 'Demographic Score' and a +10 'Behavioral Score' would increase a lead's 'Lead Score' by +15?

I have the Spark edition of Marketo.  Is there a resource that explains the scoring difference between what Spark offers compared to the editions with 'Advanced Lead Scoring?'

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me understand Marketo scoring.

Yes, you are correct.

We don't use Spark, so I am not able to discuss the differences in setting up lead scoring. I did find this page for Spark Users and it has a link to a guide for Lead Scoring near the bottom. Maybe that will help you?

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KywVCAS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct.

We don't use Spark, so I am not able to discuss the differences in setting up lead scoring. I did find this page for Spark Users and it has a link to a guide for Lead Scoring near the bottom. Maybe that will help you?

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KywVCAS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response, Bwitter.

Just so I'm clear, does the Lead Score automatically update when the Demographic or Behavioral Score changes, or do I need to add a separate action for the Lead Score?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the ability to create new fields you would want to create a separate demographic score - this way you are looking at interest and fit on two dimensions - you don't want to false indicate readiness just because they are a good fit.

Sales Insights also maps to two fields, we use master lead score for flames and demographic score for stars to show.

To show the full potential (not sure if you can do it in Spark) in our Enterprise edition we use Lead Score as our master lead score, we increment it with each lead activity. However, we have individual business unit lead scores to measure activity towards BU MQL. So for a given activity we increment BU score +XX and Lead score +XX but when the user goes to MQL we reduce the BU score back to zero and start again.

With additional activity the cycle continues. This allows us to see where they are with respect to each BU MQL and then the Lead Score becomes more of a lifetime value score - so we can also compare against other MQLs, who is fresh and who has considerable interactions with us.