Updating Marketo custom fields from Salesforce Assets

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Marketo custom fields from Salesforce Assets

I understand that Salesforce Asset fields are not directly visible in Marketo, but is it possible to create a custom field in Marketo that I can update from a SF Asset
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating Marketo custom fields from Salesforce Assets

Marketo only has access to the Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity, and Campaign objects right now. I would create some custom lookup fields that tie Assets to these objects to see if Marketo could access them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating Marketo custom fields from Salesforce Assets

You can create a lookup field on the Account/Contact record that contains the name of an Asset.

The Mareketo lead record would then  have the name of 1 Asset associated with the Account/Contact.  If you have multiple Assets per Account/Contact record, need more than the name of the Asset or don't want your team to have to add the Asset in a field on the Account/Contact record as well as in the related list, then this workaround is not for you. 

I have used this technique with Opportunities to expose the Primary Contact to Marketo and it works great, except the sales team has to enter the primary contact via the lookup field on the Opportunity record as well as in the Contact Role related list.