Engagement Score Metrics by Program Success

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Score Metrics by Program Success

Hey guys,

To my understanding, engagement scores in the new customer engagement engine are calculated by an aggregate of the following two metrics:
  1. Open, Click and Unsubscribe rates in comparison to Marketo-wide user benchmarks
  2. Program success in comparison to other programs from your company's own Marketo instance
Assuming this to be correct (and please tell me if it is not), how exactly are the program succes metrics calculated in the engagement score? Is it #Members of that program / #Successes of that program (in comparison to other programs)? Or is it only #successes in that program compared to other programs, without taking into consideration #members?

Thanks in advance!
-Gary

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Score Metrics by Program Success

Hi Gary - It is a percentage of success in the program.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Cheryl! Much appreciated. 

Two more quick questions in that case:
  1. For a cast in an engagement stream, say a lead is not a member of the program, but they do not make it into the flow due to filters in the smart list of the smart campaign of that program...do they still move on to the next step in the stream (like they would if they had been a member of the program) or does nothing happen until the next cast?
  2. If the answer to the previous question is no, they do not skip to next step for that cast, is there a way that you can associate leads with a given program without those leads being taken into consideration for the engagement score?
A little context:

For multiple reasons, for a given piece of content (an eBook for example), we wish to keep our nurturing programs and programs for other channels (i.e. paid media, outbound email etc) seperate. So, for an eBook, we would have one marketo program for outbound channels, and another program for the same eBook inside our engagement program.

In the enagement program, to suppress leads that have already downloaded or been sent that eBook through other channels, we can use filters in the smart list of the program such as "member of SFDC is not eBook A" and "member of list  is not was sent eBook A" etc.

However, we want to make sure that if a lead in a given cast is suppressed from a program by filters in a smart list, that they will still move on to the next step in the stream that day (and not have to wait another week for the next touch).

If they do not automatically move to the next step in the stream in this case, I thought about using a flow action to add all of the members of the outbound program for an eBook to a designated program status within the engagement program for that eBook, so that leads will skip that program if the encounter it in the stream. However, I assumed that if all of these leads were added to the eBook's engagement program, because they were not actually sent that eBook through that engagement program, it would potentially throw off the engagement score as there would obviously be a much lower % success to the number of members. 

Hope I am doing a good job of explaining. Any information you could share on the above would be awesome!!

Thanks again!
-Gary

P.S. I was very  bummed to not be able to make your recent presentation at the Boston User Group meeting. Would have loved to be able to ask these you questions then :). Unfortunately, one of our team members became ill on the way :(. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl, to follow up with your response on how engagement score is calculated in a nurture program VS email -- we have one nurture program that has an engagement score of 90.  It has 14 total members who are considered Success out of 2111 total members.  I still don't understand how that equates to a score of 90??  We have other programs with a much higher success rate with a larger denominator but it has a lower score.  For example, we have another program with total members of 15486 with Successes of 634 and that has an engagement score or 12.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Would love to get a better understanding of engagement score to see if this is something our team can actual find value in.