Would existing fields in marketo instantly update in salesforce when the corresponding fields are created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would existing fields in marketo instantly update in salesforce when the corresponding fields are created?

We have a few fields in Marketo that never synced with salesforce's contact object but they synced with the lead object. This was because the corresponding contact objects in salesforce were not available. I have now created those fields in the contact object. Can marketo post the existing values to these new contact fields in salesforce? How long does it take?

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Re: Would existing fields in marketo instantly update in salesforce when the corresponding fields are created?

In Marketo, go to the admin section and check for the fields under "Field Management." My guess is you will find that Marketo sees the lead field and the contact field as two separate fields because of the delay in creating the contact field.
  1. In SFDC, make sure the lead field is mapped to the contact field
  2. Contact marketo support and tell them which Marketo fields (in Marketo) you'd like mapped together in order to match SFDC
After that, the values should be all lined up, but obviously you'll want to double-check that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would existing fields in marketo instantly update in salesforce when the corresponding fields are created?

Delinda is spot on with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Delinda. I have mapped the fields between leads and contacts. I still don't see them in the field mapping tab but I do in the field tab. See image below. I am assuming that is what you were referring to in your comment.

0EM50000000SIYb.jpg
0EM50000000SIYg.jpg

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Your top screen shot looks exaclty like what you need - a Marketo field mapped to both the SFDC lead and contact.

The bottom screen shot - what field is that? Did you create a Marketo-only field with the same name?

In field management, when you search for "GA_utm_campaign" how many fields does Marketo find?  If you have an "orphaned" Marketo only field, you should move the values from that field into the one synced with SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bottom screen is what I get when searching for this field while in the 'field mapping' tab. See screen shot attached. This is the part I find confusing - it should be showing two fields in the mapping? one for lead and one for contact?. If I search for "GA_utm_campaign", I only get 1 hit. 

0EM50000000SIZP.jpg
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Please search here and show me what you get:

0EM50000000SIZo.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I search there for the field then I only get 1 hit. See screen image. 

This is how it should be? correct? I still have not seen a sync between existing marketo and the newly created salesforce fields in the contact object. Let me know if you recommend I contact Marketo support. Thanks for all the help!

0EM50000000SIZy.jpg
Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

As far as I can tell everything looks the way it should. There's a piece of the puzzle I'm missing. The data you're saying is not synced - is it in Marketo but not Salesforce or in Salesforce but not Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The data is in Marketo but not in salesforce contact object. The same fields in marketo are synched with fields in the salesforce lead object. All I was hoping to do is push the existing marketo fields to the newly created salesforce contact fields. Makes sense?