Re: Willing to share how your Nurture campaigns are built?

Jessica_Medfort
Level 1

Willing to share how your Nurture campaigns are built?

I'm interested to hear from anyone willing to share how they are using Engagement Programs to deliver smart, targeted, nurture campaigns.

We currently have a few Engagement Programs/Streams up and running, but need to get more sophisticated on segmentation and customising content to a person's actions/behaviour.

I'm specifically looking to get a better understanding of how others have:
- Used Engagement Programs in order to deliver more customised content (whether that be through dynamic content, or better segmentation etc.)

- Used Accelerated Engagement Streams, what triggers are you using, how are you transitioning people in and out.

- Used programs, not just emails, in Engagement programs

- Ensured people aren't qualifying for multiple streams

And basically any other learnings you have gathered along the way.

I feel like seeing a few 'real-life' examples is going to help understand more than any self-help or how to guide will, but if anyone knows of any great 'self-help' resources for seeing how they are actually built/structured/set-up please do share. Our Acct Manager has sent me here, but it's all quite high level: https://au.marketo.com/resources/lead-nurturing/

With the holiday period just around the corner, i'll be going on leave until January 9th, but would be very keen to set up a screen share session with anyone able to share.

Cheers,

Jess

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Wyatt_Bales4
Level 4

Hi Jess,

I highly recommend using nested Programs within streams and glad to see you are headed that way. One of my favorite designs I did for a customer while on Marketo's Professional Services team I wrote about here: How to Get Better Reporting Out of Your Nurtures

Most customers don't think about using Program Statuses as a way to track progression through a Nurture. Using Early, Mid, and Late stage streams and tailoring your content to match it has had some significant lift in conversions for some of Marketo's customers. By dropping in content based on soft vs hard touch and pointing to lifecycle stages (e.g. trigger adding to Stream 1 if they enter as MCL but add to stream 2 if they're MQL), you're allowing soft touch content to automatically target the right audience even without dynamic content.

Combining the above with 2-3 clicks transition rules to the next stream and pushing exhausted leads to a graveyard stream are some other ideas which I've seen strong success.

Jessica_Medfort
Level 1

Hey Wyatt,

Thanks for your reply and ideas for optimising our nurture. I do like the program status configuration you've outlined in that article - it is in line with our thinking about stream segmentation - so thanks for that!

Out of interest, what type of content have you funneled into your graveyard stream? I like that idea also.

If you happen to know of anyone (previous clients or contacts) that is doing great things with nurture and would be willing to do a screen share to show me how they've set things up. Please do point me in their direction, I feel this would be really helpful. I'm also going to reach out to our local user group, but thought I might have more success in the community, as Marketo isn't as commonly used in New Zealand yet.

Many thanks,

Jess

Wyatt_Bales4
Level 4

Hi Jess,

Usually the graveyard content is just editorial or newsletter--something to see if the lead even opens an email or can be permanently flagged as dormant.

I know Citrix has given some presentations in the past on their Nurtures but I would look for recordings on them or CA. It's also great to reach out to the Syndey Marketo PS team to see if one of the consultants there would like to present on some customers they've implemented.

Jessica_Medfort
Level 1

That's a good idea, I will do that.

Thanks a lot for your help Wyatt!