Will Salesforce Lightning work with Marketo? If so, how, e.g., Lightning doesn't use Campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Salesforce Lightning work with Marketo? If so, how, e.g., Lightning doesn't use Campaigns

Hello Friends,

The day of the SFDC live launch of Lightning, I asked this question in MKTO community's discussion page where it was suggested that we'd receive a better response by moving it to this products page.

In the month, since, I've asked MKTO Support about this and our MKTO rep, to no avail.

Has anyone, here, looked into this further?  We are experiencing a full court press from SFDC sales rep and MKTO sales reps to re-up our contract and, as you can imagine, it's a choice of which path to trust our expenditure on.  We've invested 2 years into MKTO but 10 years in SFDC....I prefer MKTO, but I need to know that it will work with SFDC's game plan going forward.

Looking forward to replies,

Thanks!

Lynn

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Will Salesforce Lightning work with Marketo? If so, how, e.g., Lightning doesn't use Campaigns

Lightning is a UI update, it doesn't change the data model.  This means that campaigns just aren't visible as part of the default lightning UI.  I don't know what the implications are as far as surfacing them in the lightning UI as opposed to classic, but there should not be any practical change as far as data mapping from programs to campaigns is concerned.  That's a question you'd need to direct to Salesforce to see if it is a view that you can add or create a custom one for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Salesforce Lightning work with Marketo? If so, how, e.g., Lightning doesn't use Campaigns

What Kenny Elkington​ said.

You can still access and use Campaigns in SFDC after upgrading to Lightning - it's just not going to have the slick new UI - you'll be back to the Classic UI.

This shouldn't be the thing to hold you back from renewing either contracts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

During the Lightning Experience announcement sessions, SFDC made the point of stating that the 'model' remains unchanged (the database); Lightning Experience is all UI.

HOWEVER: there is another SFDC enhancement called Shared Contacts coming and I've started asking the question on what is MKTO's plan on supporting this new functionality. This feature allows a single contact to be related to multiple accounts. For our organization this is a need. I would love to know what is MKTO's plan in supporting this feature once SFDC goes live (and we too aren't that far off for our MKTO renewal).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you heard anything on this?  I am running a Lightning Pilot and the Sales Insight feature for Marketo does not work well at all.  Often, it errors-out and will not allow the user to get any data regarding scores or website visits.  I am wondering if and when it will be Lightning Enabled. 

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Has anyone received an update about Shared Contacts with Lightning? It would be a dream to have that, but not sure how Marketo plans on making this work. I'm also evaluating Sales Path and trying to tie it to my Revenue Model, but there's almost no data about how these systems work together. Is anyone already doing this??