SOLVED

Will a Sales Insight email be send if unsubscribed?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a Sales Insight email be send if unsubscribed?

Does anyone know if an email with sales insight will actually be send if the lead has unsubscribed? I can imagine a one-on-one sales email is not equal to a batch 'spam' mailing.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will a Sales Insight email be send if unsubscribed?

MSI is supposed to respect the subscription options.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

MSI is supposed to respect the subscription options.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails can still be sent via the Outlook add-in as it uses a different system than the one in SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on what content you're sharing, if the email is set up as an "Operational email" it should bypass the subscription/unsubscribe option, and will send to everyone (those who are blacklisted, etc.).... though as a best practice, emails are only developed and deemed "Operational" when they're a necessary and important communication with that person about their record, etc. (they're not used for standard sales/marketing communication.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know if this has changed, but I have had issues with Operational Mails still not being sent to people who are unsubscribed. This was a long time ago.

However, I think that outbout MSI mailers should go out on a seperate, designated IP, as we have had a lot of problems with our sales stuff sending out mailers via MSI that never reach the clients Inbox due to spam filter issues. (I suggested an idea to this effect, but I don't think it got enough votes.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keith, please provide the url of your idea. I'll vote for it. I have the same problem that the email from our sales get bounced too as some of the mail server's are constantly blocked due to spamcop.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, I ran into the issue again where several leads who unsubscribed registered for an event through our website. But the approval/conformation email sent from Sales Insight in Salesforce is NOT sent, even though it's set to be an operation email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diederik,

Looks like I owe you an URL here goes:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HZZyAAO

One of the things I have done to help mitigate the issue is to create an alert every time someone who is unsubscribed registers for an event. The alert notifies the relevant sales team members that one of their contacts/leads registered for an event, but might not get the confirmation information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome idea Keith!