Why would lead created 's be different in Marketo vs. SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would lead created 's be different in Marketo vs. SFDC?

Im seeing huge disrepancies between Marketo and SFDC as far as leads created. I sync 100% of leads over so there is no 'holding back' leads from sales until they are ready (we manage that part in SFDC). So why would I see 18K leads created in April when I run a smart list by create date in Marketo and 3K when I run a report based on create date in SFDC? Any ideas?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Why would lead created 's be different in Marketo vs. SFDC?

Hey Christina, do you have a lot of people visiting your site before becoming known? The create date in Marketo will be the first time the record is created (including as anonymous, so basically their first visit to the site), and the SFDC create date is when they sync over to SFDC. Not sure if this accounts for 15k more people, but it's a start!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah crap you're SO right! I gotta put a filter for anonymous = false. Thanks!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yup, it'll also impact their create date once they're known. If I visited your site in December, but didn't fill out a form until February, then my SFDC and Marketo create months would be different.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another good point. What Im trying to see is leads in SFDC that sales has access to vs. leads in Marketo that may not have been pushed for some reason + the leads that were. 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

You can use "SFDC type is empty" to determine which leads haven't been pushed into SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea! Ok - think I got my smart list down. Thanks a bunch!