Why SFDC 18 digit id is not populating in my Marketo Records ?

MMundra1
Level 3

Why SFDC 18 digit id is not populating in my Marketo Records ?

Hi All,

I was looking through my Marketo Lead Database records and observed that majority of the records who have SFDC type = "Lead" or "Contact" is having either the Readable non Id value in Account field or Null value. 

On the contrary, I checked for the records who are either "Lead" or "Contact" and have the SFDC 18 digit id (approx 2%) and could not find any similar pattern as to why they are having this 18 digit id.

Could you please assist me if this is legacy data, or any Mkto process is placing non ID data in this field?

Mahak Mundra
2 REPLIES 2
AWmindtree
Level 4

Re: Why SFDC 18 digit id is not populating in my Marketo Records ?

Hi @MMundra1 

Can you explain more about this issue? There could be multiple reasons for this:
- Issues in SFDC Sync
- Permissions
So, would like know which non ID value you are referring? SFDC ID on Lead or Contact Object or on Account Object? 
And which pattern you are trying to relate? 
Usually, SFDC ID is populated from SFDC. It is just a read only field for Marketo as this is managed by SFDC. 

MMundra1
Level 3

Re: Why SFDC 18 digit id is not populating in my Marketo Records ?

Hi @AWmindtree , thanks for your response. However, I doubt if it's an issue with respect to SFDC sync or permissions as it should affect all the records (leads or contacts) but I can see ~2% of my records populating with SFDC id on Account field.

I am talking about the non Id value on Account field in Marketo.

Yes, I agree that it's managed by SFDC but if a record is synced with Marketo then it should have the appropriate SFDC id in Marketo's account field as per my knowledge, which I am not observing in my database. All I can see is the Company name popualed in my records.

Mahak Mundra