SOLVED

Which emails and forms have to live in the Design Studio?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which emails and forms have to live in the Design Studio?

I’m in the process of setting up all our required Marketo assets. For landing pages and emails I want to make extensive use of “My Tokens”. This way I can aintain text blocks used in various places centrally – using an additional “root folder” which contains all my normal folders and assets in “Marketing Activities”.

Unfortunately I can’t use my “central text block library” for assets (not templates) which are saved in the Design Studio. I know that some emails and forms should or have to be saved in the Design Studio.

So my question is: Which emails and forms have to live in the Design Studio (and why)?
I coudln’t find a comprehensive overview yet.

I’d like to have as much emails and (progressive profiling) forms in the Marketing Activities section – to be able to use my toke library – unless this has some serious disadvantages or acessibility issues.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Which emails and forms have to live in the Design Studio?

Hi Michael, assets can be stored locally (in Marketing Activities), or globally (in Design Studio), for almost everything. Exceptions I can think of: email programs (the mailbox) require local assets, and also if there are assets where you're using My Tokens they will need to be local. 

For your "central text block library" have you tried using snippets? They can be easily modified everywhere that they're used in a single shot, and used in both global and local assets. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Which emails and forms have to live in the Design Studio?

Hi Michael, assets can be stored locally (in Marketing Activities), or globally (in Design Studio), for almost everything. Exceptions I can think of: email programs (the mailbox) require local assets, and also if there are assets where you're using My Tokens they will need to be local. 

For your "central text block library" have you tried using snippets? They can be easily modified everywhere that they're used in a single shot, and used in both global and local assets.