Where does the Salesforce field mapping happen?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does the Salesforce field mapping happen?

Hello,

Our Marketo admin recently left the company and I need to figure out how this works. We need to change how one of the fields is mapped to Salesforce (we want a different field to be populated based on certain information). Where do I go to do this?

He showed me a page in Marketo that had all of our Salesforce lead fields, but I can't find where that is?

Sorry for the noob question, but I really could use some help. Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where does the Salesforce field mapping happen?

Under admin and field management.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is that on the screen?
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, it turns out I wasn't an admin, but now I am.

I'm at the Field Management section, but I can only see the mappings. How do I change them?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delayed response on this issue but hopefully I can clear things up. At present the only time an end user/admin will have the ability to edit Marketo SFDC field mapping is during initial setup, after you sync over all your sfdc fields but before you sync over all your SFDC data you will be able to drag and drop some fields in the filed mapping section. As your sync is up and running new fields that you create in SFDC and expose to the marketo sync user's profile will be automatically create in Marketo. If you create a lead field and a contact field with the exact same label then a 2:1 mapping should be auto created, 1 Marketo field will map to the SFDC lead and to the SFDC contact field. You will need Marketo support's assistance to merge/remap fields that are already in place.