When a lead no longer qualifies for a program how can I ensure they are removed and placed in a program they are eligible for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When a lead no longer qualifies for a program how can I ensure they are removed and placed in a program they are eligible for?

We currently have a number of programs in place that are targeted to different types of contacts within our lead database. In some situations our sales team will add more information to a lead record further down the road. (for example. after further conversations they discover this lead is part of an association.) This would put that lead in a completely different program targeted towards the different associations we work with.

My question is this. If changes are made to the lead record that no longer make them eligible for the program they are currently in, can I create a logic that will kick them out of the current program and place them in the new program they now qualify for? I assumed Marketo would do this automatically but that is not the case.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a lead no longer qualifies for a program how can I ensure they are removed and placed in a program they are eligible for?

Hi Sarah,

Absolutely! While there are a number of ways to do this, I personally would do the following:

• Make an "Offramp" Smart Campaign that looks for the Data Value Changes you're talking about. So, your Campaign would look like:
    • Smart List: "Data Value Changes, Attribute = Association, New Value = True"
    • Flow: Change Program Status, Not in Program, Remove from Flow = (whatever campaign is sending emails, if it exists).
  • Make an "Onramp" Smart Campaign for your "Association" related programs that do the opposite:
    • Smart List: "Data Value Changes, Attribute = Association, New Value = True"
    • Flow: Change Program Status, Member of Program, (Enter remaining flow steps -- send emails, etc.)

Does that make sense?

Zach

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: When a lead no longer qualifies for a program how can I ensure they are removed and placed in a program they are eligible for?

Hey Sarah, it's a somewhat unpopular term, but this would be considered your standard traffic cop campaign(s). This is similar to what Zach mentioned above. So you could have a campaign that listens for a data value change in your field identifying product interest. If that field changes, then you would have two things in your flow step:

1. Change program status with choices to remove from all of your programs,

2. Add to campaign with choices that say if interest is Product A, add to program A, if interest Product B, add to Program B, etc.

Here is an example of how you could do this. If you're using an EP then you'll want the Add to EP step, if it's a regular program then you'll want the change programs status.

pastedImage_0.png