SOLVED

What should I do with invalid emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do with invalid emails?

Can someone please tell me what the best practice is for dealing with invalid emails?

Should they be left forever in a database, for the sake of their history, or should they be purged permanently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: What should I do with invalid emails?

Hi Joy,

You should post this to the product section, instead of Marketing Central. Far more people would read it and could help you

The answers depends on 2 factors at min:

• How far are you advanced in the relationship. You will not deal with a client as you would with an early prospects or even with a Marketo only lead with also dummy names and contact data.
  • The reason for which the email is invalid. If it's a hard bounce, meaning the address does not exist, you may want to delete it if it's an early prospects, but try to fix it or find a replacement contact if it's a client and the person has left the company. But if it's a soft bounce, you may want to put it to rest (marketing suspended = true) for a while an try again after a few weeks.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: What should I do with invalid emails?

Hi Joy,

You should post this to the product section, instead of Marketing Central. Far more people would read it and could help you

The answers depends on 2 factors at min:

• How far are you advanced in the relationship. You will not deal with a client as you would with an early prospects or even with a Marketo only lead with also dummy names and contact data.
  • The reason for which the email is invalid. If it's a hard bounce, meaning the address does not exist, you may want to delete it if it's an early prospects, but try to fix it or find a replacement contact if it's a client and the person has left the company. But if it's a soft bounce, you may want to put it to rest (marketing suspended = true) for a while an try again after a few weeks.

-Greg