What is the most efficient way to set up my campaign

Arthur_Aronov
Level 2

What is the most efficient way to set up my campaign

Hello there,

I have a list with 170k subscribers and i am struggling to create a campaign list to email some of them. here is what i am doing now:

1) the leads in the database are segmented into smart lists based on a geographic area unique to the company( read: many different cities under one geographic area name)

2) i have created about 150 such smart lists. 

3) i also have a main inclusion smart list that contains 135 smart lists from point 2. this means that i only want to email people that make it to one of the 135 smart list.

result: marketo squawks when i try to see people in this smartlist monster. 

any suggestions on how to improve this are welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Re: What is the most efficient way to set up my campaign

135/150 smart lists are too much to consolidate for Marketo. It's never recommended to have these many smart lists in a single smart list. There could be two potential work around:

1. Add a custom field/use any temporary custom field and update it with something unique to your campaign. Use this field criteria to define your segment.  OR
  2. Create a static list and add all of the members of your 150 smart lists one by one to this static list. Once done, use this static list as criteria for your email segment.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the most efficient way to set up my campaign

I agree with Amit. 135/150 smart lists will really slow things down. Either of his suggestions should preform much better.