What does lead status "suppressed" mean in marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does lead status "suppressed" mean in marketo?

What does lead status "suppressed" mean in marketo? We do not use the field "Suppressed" in salesforce & marketo seems to be pushing this info to our CRM

there is also no reference to the change of Lead status in the activety log on any of the affected leads - its worth mentioning even though these leads are "suppressed" they are being found in the qualified leads of a campaign 
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does lead status "suppressed" mean in marketo?

How did you create these leads - was it via a Marketo import or a form?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliott

The leads originated from Salesforce.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Lead Status field value "Suppressed" must be getting set in SFDC.  Are you certain that this value is not coming from SFDC?  Have you checked with your SFDC administrator, reviewed the Lead Status field picklist or reviewed your SFDC workflow rules to see if they are doing this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Elliott! Marketo Support here... "Suppressed" isn't a status I've seen before. I do know that Eloqua uses things called "Suppression Lists", is it possible these are leads that were originally processed through Eloqua?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliott and Jordan,

Thanks for replying.

I am the Salesforce admin and we do not have any fields called "Suppressed" in Salesforce (I also checked the picklist and it wasnt there either).

We also have never used Eloqua.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd think then your best bet is to open a support ticket. By examining the Activity Log of leads marked as suppressed we should be able to determine where that value is coming from and when it was applied to individual leads.