Re: What does everyone use for a visual workflow?

Ray_Bennett
Level 2

What does everyone use for a visual workflow?

Hello, I'm pretty new to Marketo and wanted to know if they have a visual workflow. If not does anyone have a good platform or service that they use? 

I know other sites like ActiveCampaign and SharpSpring have a visual workflow. I'm trying to find a good way to visually represent the flow to my internal team. Some like the picture below.Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 4.31.20 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

No, Marketo does not have any visual workflow. If in case I have to represent the visual workflow of a campaign or a program I use Google Drawing/Lucid charts.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Having used SharpSpring/Infusionsoft/Act-On/Hubspot/Pardot etc... before, I've found that visual campaign builders are great for simple marketing automation processes.

If you've migrated from one of these platforms to Marketo, smart campaigns might take a while to get used to. It's important that you don't think of smart campaigns like those visual builders otherwise the potential and complexity of your marketing automation builds might get limited by your thinking.

If you've built a very complex and interrelated automated process that incorporates several programs and dozens of smart campaigns, all I can say is "good luck" trying to visualise it.

I've found creating docs that explain the flow in words with a few charts here and there have suffice, only because it's been too hard to visualise some of the more complex smart campaigns with filters, constraints, flow choices, campaign run qualification rules and Request Campaigns - and this is before adding any assets into the visualisation

Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

I use Draw.io

Patrick Vesely