Re: what do you think of this? "Why You Should Never Send Sales Emails with Marketo"

Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

what do you think of this? "Why You Should Never Send Sales Emails with Marketo"

Has anyone else seen this blog post from "Salesfolk"? 

Why You Should Never Send Sales Emails With Marketo - Salesfolk

A colleague of mine posted it on our Slack channel and I'm concerned about our MSI users.  (I have no skin in the game with "Salesfolk.")

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Lynn

3 REPLIES 3
David_Gaible
Level 7

Re: what do you think of this? "Why You Should Never Send Sales Emails with Marketo"

Well, the article isn't 100% garbage,  but it is misleading. Consider the source of this article - the author is using scare tactics to get you interested in her product.

If you're using good database processes - not using bought lists from unsavory sources, sending can-spam compliant emails - you can get great results from outbound emails. You've just got to use basic marketing common sense - targeted, valuable content to a targeted segment will always get results.

Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

Thanks for your response, David. I agree but wanted to hear someone else's

opinion.

I truly appreciate it.

Best,

Lynn

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM, David Gaible <marketingnation@marketo.com>

David_Gaible
Level 7

Anytime!