SOLVED

What do these "Activity Details" in the lead Activity Log mean?

Go to solution
Ronn_Burner
Level 4

What do these "Activity Details" in the lead Activity Log mean?

I'm specifically trying to identify what these two fields are telling me:

Success:        false

Acquired by:    false

pastedImage_1.png

I'm also curious as to how the only line item in the lead's entire Activity Log related to this Program shows they became a member, however, nothing ever happened again to them despite the program deploying.

pastedImage_2.png

This predated me but I'm trying to play Sherlock Holmes to see how this lead was not sent a vital email 19 months ago notifying them of a significant price increase to their account that began then. Now 19 months later they are justifiably outraged.

It's obviously human error but I'm still curious as to specifically what "Success" (presumably this refers to program success) and "Acquired by" means as well as how one can become a member of a program and then nothing else (presumably this means they entered the program but nothing happened because they were not a part of the Smart List audience the email was sent to. Just want to confirm. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maude_Belanger
Level 2

Re: What do these "Activity Details" in the lead Activity Log mean?

Hi Ronn,

"Success" refers to the program statuses. You can look at what is defined as a "Success" for that particular program status is Admin > Tags > Channel > [Channel Tag used by this program]. There will be a blue check on the statuses that correspond to a success for that particular channel tag. If it's an Email Send Program Success probably is something like Clicked link or Engaged. When the program status is updated by a smart campaign and becomes one of these, the member is considered as having a success. 

"Acquired by" means this lead was acquired by this particular program (true or false).

In the program name the date is 2017-09-21, was that the date at which the program ran? It seems like this person was added to the program through a list import on September 27th. If your program is an Email Send program that ran only once before the list import, it could explain why this person did not receive the email informing him of the price increase.

Additional documentation on Program Success: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Change+Program+Success

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Maude_Belanger
Level 2

Hi Ronn,

"Success" refers to the program statuses. You can look at what is defined as a "Success" for that particular program status is Admin > Tags > Channel > [Channel Tag used by this program]. There will be a blue check on the statuses that correspond to a success for that particular channel tag. If it's an Email Send Program Success probably is something like Clicked link or Engaged. When the program status is updated by a smart campaign and becomes one of these, the member is considered as having a success. 

"Acquired by" means this lead was acquired by this particular program (true or false).

In the program name the date is 2017-09-21, was that the date at which the program ran? It seems like this person was added to the program through a list import on September 27th. If your program is an Email Send program that ran only once before the list import, it could explain why this person did not receive the email informing him of the price increase.

Additional documentation on Program Success: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Change+Program+Success

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

That's what I thought but I just wanted confirmation just to ensure I wasn't stating any facts incorrectly in the inevitable meeting with the company brass detailing what exactly went wrong back then when this important noticed deployed.

The program actually ran on 9-29-17 and this lead was a member but the Smart List logic was pulling from a list to which A) this lead was not a member and B) the custom field on the import specifying which of the 3 values applied to them was incorrect and therefore the lead did not qualify to receive the email - the program ran exactly as it was told to do. Human error.

Thank you, Maude!