What are the differences between Marketo Calendar and Calendar HD?

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

What are the differences between Marketo Calendar and Calendar HD?

Seeking details identifying the differences between the two options. In documents all I'm seeing in Calendar HD is the presentation options.

Unable to locate any sales or fact type sheets.

THANKS!

Erica

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What are the differences between Marketo Calendar and Calendar HD?

Here's some documentation from the Product Docs section: Calendar HD - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Thanks.

Unfortunately brand new to all things Marketo. We just learned about both Calendar options. Going through planning and trying to identify features and capabilities. Flipping through the docs, more in the weeds than had hoped existed. Surprised there's no sales materials available to share to help sell the upgrade of HD. What we get out of the upgrade, over the basic Calendar would be valuable.

And from what experience we've had, answers are typically - Marketo Docs...that don't answer the questions at hand.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I hear what you're saying.  If we actually used the Calendar (and Calendar HD), I'd be happy to share more info.  But this is one of the areas of Marketo that I can't provide any more information than what you can already find online.

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Full disclosure, I like it!!! Thanks, Dan. Appreciate your time.

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Erica,

Most of the documentation is going to be How-To documentation, but if you want feature lists and example use cases, I would recommend contacting your Account Manager or Account Executive to see if they have that info.

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Erica,

I just recalled that Phillip Wild​ uses Calendar HD in his organization.  Maybe he could give you some insight on what features he finds useful in it.

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Thanks for both replies, and the connection, Roxann McGlumphy​.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Erica

We use Marketo Calendar HD for tracking goals - for example, new subscribers this year. Full disclosure again - we don't display this on a large screen since it's relevant for my team, but not for the larger marketing group.

We also don't really use the calendar itself for planning purposes - you can't easily put in placeholders for upcoming sends that aren't built in Marketo already - a limitation that is pretty much means we can't use it like that.

Phil

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Thanks, Phillip Wild  for taking the time to share how you do use Mkto Calendar HD with your team. Appreciate it!

Thanks,

Erica