Weird spacing when editing email templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird spacing when editing email templates

Anyone else have an issue while editing email templates where Marketo adds a space after you change the previous information in the text boxes?

5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Weird spacing when editing email templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

This actually does not make the problem go away.  I've checked the code and the spacing persists even when setting the editor to NONE for adding tags.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Happy to take a look. Send me an email at jcooperman@marketo.com with details and screenshots of what you're doing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is that no matter what settings you have, the spacing defaults to double spacing, so YOU have to go back in and mnually set every section your edit as single space when the spacing gets weird.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I can't reproduce that actually. If you set your text editor to have a root block of "none" and then use a very basic example template like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<div id="body" class="mktoText" mktoname="Message Body" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Sans-Serif;">

I am testing a Marketo Email that will start with single spacing.

</div> 

</body>

</html>

you'll see that it defaults to single spacing. The spacing behavior is specific to the template you're using (how is the text section coded and styled) and the text editor setting i referenced above. Can you share your template with me via email? Again, happy to help solve the issues you're experiencing.