weird formatting insidie links within a calendar token

Anonymous
Not applicable

weird formatting insidie links within a calendar token

So I'm putting links via a token inside a my.calendar token. When I download the token during a test email, it brings in weird formatting. It makes some lines blue with a larger font size. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
JF
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: weird formatting insidie links within a calendar token

Hey Justin,

I experienced this awhile back. I didn't do anything special, just emptied the field and put it all back in. For some reason that worked. I would try that. And if that doesn't work, then try deleting the .ics file all together and start from scratch. A pain I know, but maybe that will work! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jeff, I just got a response back from Marketo. This was their answer.

Thanks,
Justin

ICS files are incredibly simple creatures, they don't have any way of holding font/formatting, etc. As a result, Outlook looks for specific things to control formatting. One of the key things it looks for is a colon followed by a hard enter. Anything following :

Ends up being bolded and blue.

I went back through the .ICS file and changed :(enter) to -(enter) and the ICS file now has all the funky blue/bold stuff removed. I also had to change the token for Phone: because the colon(enter) after Phone was also causing problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing! That is weird though...
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I tried doing this and removing all : from my calendar file, however I am still getting text that is randomly blue, bolded and in a large font. Any ideas on what else I can do to try to fix this? My description text is copy/pasted directly out of notepad.